You married the man of your dreams and you want to divorce proof your marriage. Building a union starts when to the two of you say “I do”, but the lovey-dovey feeling will fade away if we don’t decide to make the relationship a priority. Long lasting, loving relationships which avoid divorce put time and effort into making them work.
Leave Singleness Behind
A great marriage involves leaving our singleness behind and forming a new relationship as a couple. We can’t keep doing all the same things we did as a single person and have a marriage which lasts.
How to Divorce Proof Your Marriage
- Each person makes CHANGES. Yes, the awful word which means we can’t keep doing things like we did as a single person.
- You leave and cleave. We leave our parents, past relationships and our old ways for the two to become one.
- Two people learn to put their unique lives together and form a new whole where both of your pasts and ideas create a whole new identity
- Couples in long-lasting marriages spend time together
- You manage your finances together, both income and debt
- They decide who is going to be responsible for what in the relationship
- You work on the relationship and don’t give up
Make your marriage a priority. Leave your past ways behind and cleave and stick like glue. When we decide to make our marriages a priority in our lives, we build a marriage that lasts.
A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife and the two are united into one.~Genesis 2:24